Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tony's {Almost} Electric Guitar


This is by far one of my favorite projects that Tony has done!!! I think it is because he came up with this idea all on his own and just created it out of nothing. He was sick of looking at the empty wall in his office and wanted some sort of decoration that would bring it to life. He loves playing the guitar (and is AWESOME at it:) so he decided to make one!

Here's a few pictures of the different stages. He wanted it to be thick so he glued two pieces of wood together. It was a little tricky cutting them to match up perfectly, but he did it!

The metal is a piece of tin we had laying around the garage from home depot. He cut it to fit the curves of the guitar and hammered it a little to add more character.
The copper pieces and old bolts were random things left in our garage when we moved in our house. I think the copper was some sort of piece to a roof? I don't know, but he cut them up and used them:)
 To make the guitar look like it had frets he used thick nails and cut them to size.


Doesn't it ROCK!?! I think it's amazing!!! And his office looks much better now:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed with the things he comes up with! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you are the most creative duo ever! Your kids are destined for greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was as cool as you two :)

    ReplyDelete