I really only thought this would be a craft blog but let’s be honest…there is so much more to life than designing & crafts :) So here is my moment of truth…
This past year has been the most difficult of my life!! I have been through a very challenging journey of prenatal & postpartum depression (to read more click here). It has taken me to the very depths of my soul & back. Thankfully, God has been with me every step of the way & his loving grace is the only way I have made it through. He has led me step by step & taught me truth by truth. We have been so blessed with 3 BEAUTIFUL children. They light our lives with happiness every day. They teach me how to be better each day. Needless to say, it is not always easy taking care of 3 little ones in our world today. There is often such strong pressure coming from every different direction & always so many things to be done. So here are a few truths I have learned:
- I am enough & I am wonderful. Before this year I could never have said this. Now I honestly care more about God’s opinion than other people’s perception of me.
- I have such great value & loving Heavenly parents who rejoice with me when I am happy & feel deeply for me & even weep with me when I am filled with sorrow.
- I have been blessed to have a physical body to teach me a depth of experience I never thought I could comprehend.
- I know who I am & that I have purpose. There is work for me to do & Heavenly Father has a personal plan for me.
- I can do good things & hard things & make a difference.
- The home is a powerful place. So sacred that it compares to a temple.
- I do not have to be perfect but I am loved perfectly.
- I need to be as kind to myself as I am to other people.
- God gives us things we can not handle so that we learn to rely on him. If we are humble enough to ask for his help, he lovingly sends strength to us through the power of the Atonement. When we come to him & exercise faith, he sends angels to help us.
- God is the author of all wisdom. He sees completely, perfectly, & eternally. He has infinite wisdom & can reveal truth to us when we exercise faith.
- His spirit can fill us with pure light which can become part of our physical makeup.
- It is better to recognize what we ARE doing rather than what we are not doing. It is incredible the things we accomplish each day, even if they are not on our “list”.
- Admitting we have struggles and sharing them with others is not a sign of weakness but actaully of great strength. It helps us realize our own misperceptions of others & helps us have true compassion & charity for one another.
- God wants us to be happy! This is his work & glory.
- We have to have sorrow in order to understand true JOY.
- Satan attacks people’s perception of their worth in multiple ways. If he can make us believe we are not enough or not worthy of love or forgiveness, he can impede our progress. His goal is to keep us from light, hope, & faith which bring happiness to our lives. True confidence comes as you understand how God sees you & who you truly are!