Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tony's Airplane Propellers

 

This is one of the latest projects that Tony, my hubby, has been working on. When we were going to school a few years ago at Utah State, one of our neighbors bought an airplane propeller as a decoration. We thought it was cool and really liked it. My dad was also a pilot so we thought one of these would be a small fun way to remember him. The ones we've seen for sale are usually pretty expensive to buy.  So just recently, Tony decided to make one! This big one was his first one.

 

The most impressive thing about these to me is that he chiseled them by hand! For the big one he started out with a big 4x6x48 piece of wood. The centerpiece is actually two paint can lids that he bolted on.


For this little one he used a 2x4 and started chiseling away. 

He made this one for a friend who was having a hard time. The initials F.A.T.S. stand for "Fly Above the Storm", which was inspired by President Dieter F. Uchtorf and his talks about flying and being lifted above the storms and challenges we face in our lives. I love what it symbolizes!

Aren't they awesome!?! I love how they turned out!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! I seriously love them! Good Job Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are awesome! I love the meaning behind them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh, very cool and I love that it goes perfect with the talk by President Uchtorf and is a great tribute to your dad. Way to go Tony, you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very cool, I love them both and what a great idea to tie it in with a awesome talk!

    ReplyDelete