Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby Blanket

 Last week I had fun making this baby blanket for my 2 month old. I found this cute brown (so soft!) Minky fabric at Hobby Lobby in the remnant section a few months ago, so I used it for the back.
 At first, I wasn't sure what to use for the top. But I noticed I had a lot of receiving blankets that are already too small for my baby. So I decided to cut those up and make this bigger blanket out of them. 
 Sometimes I like intricate patterns for quilts, but I wanted to get this one done quickly so I just decided to do squares:)
 It was fun to make and I am enjoying having a bigger blanket for my boy. Now if only, the blanket was a tenth as cute as my sweet baby:)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cleaver, to use those little blankets up to make something more useful!! I love the minky backing, and I bet he does too.

    ReplyDelete