Monday, March 19, 2012

Ice Cream Cake

This year for my husband's birthday, I decided to make him an ice cream cake. I had never attempted one before but found lots of great recipes online and tried it out. I'm so glad I did because he loved it! And it tasted much better than normal plain cake and ice cream!
 He has always loved mint chocolate chip ice cream so I used that for the middle layer. The bottom layer is just a butter chocolate cake mix (with pudding already in it). I halved the cake box recipe and baked it as directed in a 9" round greased cake pan. Then I melted the ice cream enough to be able to mold it and put that into a foil lined 9" cake pan and froze it for 2 hours. When the cake was cooled I put it on the serving platter and added the frozen ice cream to the top of it. Then I put a thin layer of extra creamy Cool Whip on next and froze the whole thing for about 4 hours. I let it sit about 10 minutes before we added the hot fudge and devoured it:) It was super YUMMY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious (minus the mint of course!) I'm sure Tony LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete